Everyone who is an executive or CEO of a company is aware that productivity is an elemental aspect of work in order to face the competition, as carrying out work activities in the shortest possible time, providing the best quality and reducing costs is the key for these foundations to be solid, however, thanks to the work of the specialists of the Professional Master’s Degree en Technical Management of Data Science, models have been created and incorporated that facilitate work activities such as decision making, data collection and analysis. However, in this case we will focus on improving work performance and solving production problems through the Internet of Things.
Internet of Things for Business
First of all, it is pertinent to explain the meaning of this word in order to understand its importance; the internet of things (also known as IoT), is a process that allows everyday objects to be connected to the internet, including more sophisticated tools; this is possible because these objects are equipped with sensors, software, among other technologies, with the main intention of connecting and exchanging data with other devices via the internet.
Through computing, IoT devices are connected machine-to-machine (M2M), where devices communicate through any type of connectivity, be it Wi-Fi, wired or Bluetooth. These devices communicate with each other, collecting a large amount of data; during the data transfer process, this data arrives at an IoT platform that is responsible for collecting, processing and analysing it. With this information, relevant information can be obtained, conclusions can be drawn and problems can be solved, all without the need for human intervention.
Improvement strategies for your company with IoT
We have already talked a bit about what the Internet of Things is all about, but how can this system help a company?
One of the biggest contributions IoT can make to businesses is the ability to transfer data between devices, and this simple feature enables large, efficient solutions:
- Productivity and efficiency: The IoT is working uninterruptedly, maintaining workflows in the production chain, and, at the same time, obtaining operational data in real time. In addition, thanks to being connected, resources can be reorganised, saving time.
- Decision making: By having access to all the data collected and analysed, this will serve to draw conclusions which help to make appropriate decisions, see errors or problems occurring in the market.
- Customer service: Having information from users, processes or any useful data, provides us with knowledge, allowing us to better understand the interests of customers, thus, offering products and services adapted to their needs, reinforcing their loyalty and giving them added value.
- Competition: Data can spot trends before they become trends, thus giving you an edge over the competition.
- Costs: By automating and monitoring processes, as well as predicting failures and correcting them before they happen, the Internet of Things lowers costs for any situation that cannot be predicted by humans.
- Business opportunities: As we are in a world that is constantly changing, IoT allows business processes to be carried out in a time-saving way, but also to create stable and long-term business-customer relationships, as technology helps companies adapt to these changing environments.
To summarise, the use of software such as IoT, will help you in make your business better in various factors, from productivity to the revenue that can generate your company, hence, investing in these tools will give you successful results, increasing its value.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings