Table of Contents
You were just about to send your email, then [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] error pops up on your screen. If you’ve ever experienced this and are looking for a way out, don’t break some sweat; we’re here to help you out.
We use Microsoft office to manage personal information, including emails, calendar events, even contacts. Besides that, other people use it for journaling and note-taking. While Outlook might have worked well for you for the past years, sometimes errors occur.
Here is a simple guide to help you find your way out of the mess. But before getting to how you can solve the [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] error, let us have a look at what causes this error. Knowing what causes this error can help us keep us away from it, rather than waiting for it to happen and finding a solution.
Causes of [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] error
- If you are using a version of Outlook that is not compatible with your device
- If you did not follow the prompts well during installation, the installation is incomplete, or downloaded a corrupted MS Outlook.
- If the MS Outlook you are using is different from the one in Outlook’s Web application.
- If you have multiple MS Outlook accounts on your device, you do not clear the cache after using them.
Now that we know the causes, it will be easier to prevent the error from occurring by following them to the latter. However, since the error has already happened, we are now looking for a solution. Here are four simple methods to solve [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] error.
Methods to fix [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] error
Clear cache and cookies
When an application stops working, we first think of uninstalling it. Before we get to the point of uninstalling, let us try a less obvious technique, clearing cache. The built-up cache is one of the reasons your MS Outlook might not be working. This happens when you have logged in to many accounts on your device. By clearing cache, are cleaning the junk files that pile up only to be left with relevant data. That said, here are simple steps on how to clear the cache.
- On your computer, open chrome and click the menu, signified by the three dots on your far right.
- Select history
- Under history, tap on “Clear browsing data.”
- It will give you a time range. Ensure you have selected “all-time” to delete everything.
- Make sure to see the boxes written “cookies and site data” and “cached images and files.”
- The last step is to clear. Tap on clear data
After following the above steps, open your Outlook and check if the [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] error is still there.
Install the updated version of Outlook
If clearing cache and cookies did not work out for you, maybe it is because you are using an outdated version of the software. So, you will need to update it to clear the [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] error. Before installing the new version, you will first need to uninstall the old version. Here is how you can easily uninstall an app from your computer.
- Go to the control panel on your desktop
- Under that, look for programs and applications
- Click on the Microsoft Office 365 and follow the prompts until the last part tells you to confirm uninstalling.
- You have successfully uninstalled the outdated version of Outlook.
Before downloading the latest version, make sure to also upgrade to the newest version of Microsoft Office. This is because Outlook cannot run on an outdated MS Office. On your browser, search for the latest version in the updates. When you click that, there will be an option of downloading. When the download is over, restart your computer and open your new Outlook to confirm if the [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] error is gone.
The two mentioned methods did not work? Here is another simple step that will help you.
Look for a Web-based version
Where are you downloading your MS Outlook from? Getting it from Outdated browsers might also be the reason it is not working. This is because your old browser does not match with your updated versions of MS Office and Outlook. The only solution to this is to refresh your browser and sign in. Type and search for Outlook’s website. Getting an updated Outlook from their website is like getting a Nike shoe from their store. You are sure to get a legit shoe. After updating your Outlook, sign in with your password and check if the [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] error is still there.
Automatic Repair Tool
Are you still stuck with your error on your screen? If not, you would not be reading this. Do not worry because, by the end of this, your error will be gone. Start by;
- On the left side of your computer, there is a search box. On it, type “Apps and Features.”
- Look for Microsoft Office 365 and tap on it
- On that, right-click on the “Change” option
- Your computer will ask, “how would you like to repair your office program” and prompt you to choose either “quick repair or Online repair.”
- Before getting to this point, ensure all the unsaved work in your computer is saved to avoid losing it.
- Of the options given, click on “quick repair” and under that select “repair again.”
- To complete the process, click on “next.”
Now go to your Outlook and check if it is working well. By this time, your error is probably already gone. You can now continue with your email and other work comfortably.
If your error occurred due to piled caches and cookies, it would be gone by the end of step one. It does not mean that you have to go through all the four steps to clear the error. However, you need to be very keen when installing the app because not following the steps can create the [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] error.
The above steps are a sure way to fix the [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] error. Depending on what caused your error, by following the steps closely, you will solve your problem. I hope this article helps you get out of this dilemma. Just follow these steps and solve [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] error.